Principles of Embedded Operating Systems
Please see the ‘Course Reserves’ section of Blackboard for links to the reserved titles.
- Alan Holt, Chi-Yu Huang, “Embedded Operating Systems, a practical approach”, Springer-Verlag, London, UK, 2014
- Simon Monk, “Raspberry Pi Cookbook”, O’Reilly Media, California, US, 2014
- Eben Upton, “Raspberry Pi Users Guide”, John Wiley and Sons, Ltd, UK, 2014
- Alex Bradbury, “Learning Python with the Raspberry Pi”, John Wiley and Sons, Ltd, UK, 2014
All references are available online through the Cornell Library. Online access is available by navigating through the ECE 5990 Blackboard site or using your Cornell netID at library.cornell.edu.
Please check the ECE 5990 site on Blackboard daily. Office hour schedules, course announcements, reading assignments, quizzes, information about the course project, and extra materials will all be distributed via the website. A link for the Cornell blackboard site is given below.
There will be four homework assignments which will due before each lab session. Homework will be due within the first five minutes of the first week’s lab
session. Homework will be based on the readings and be directed at preparations for the upcoming lab session. Homework is considered late if handed in after the 5-minute window. Late homework receives no credit.
There will be four, two week labs each extending over two consecutive lab sessions.
- Lab Demos will be due in the second lab period.
- Lab reports for completed labs will be due within the first 5 minutes of the next lab session
All homework and lab grades will be posted to Blackboard.